Thursday, March 29, 2007

Little English Cottage received as a gift from my best friend Terry


I had the pleasure to make a few trips to England, but unfortunately it was before I met Terry who lives there. While sightseeing across the country I saw those gorgeous cottages and I absolutely fell in love with them. Whenever I was thinking of what I would like to have if I could have that "special" house/home, I was thinking of them.
Terry and I often talked about them and she had already stitched three of them for herself and decided that she would stitch one for me and she made this very beautiful one as a birthday gift. It did not take us long after I received it to bring it to our framer and have her do her magic again with Terry's beautiful cottage and here is the result.
I have it hanging on a wall in my office/stitching room. It is on the wall opposite one of the window and the light reflecting on it makes it almost seems like it is real and someone is actually living there. That someone is "me" when I daydream :-)
Pierrette =^..^=

1 comment:

Terry said...

Knowing how much Pierrette loved my little cottages that I had already stitched, I was delighted to be able to stitch one that would be just for her, she waitied a long time for me to finish it which I finally managed to do in time for her birthday and if you closely you will see a little Bee which is a little standing joke between us and we always try to have a little bee on the gifts that we make each other