Monday, November 24, 2008
Working on 28-count linen has been a bit tough on my eyes, mostly in the evening and white on white did not help any, but managed to complete all the klosters and the poinsettia with leaves. Ouf! I am exhausted :-(
This project was asking for silk mori, but that did not agree with me at all, so ended up using DMC Perle #8 instead. I tried DMC Perle #5, but did not like it as I felt it was too heavy a thread for that particular use and just did not look good. The #8 was a little too thin to my liking, but decided to go with it as it was the best of the two options I had as I just did not have the time to start looking online for something better and then wait for the threads to arrive.
I still have a bit more decorations to add on all four sides of this ornament and then do a bit of cutting and weave some bars and it will be all done, so see you all soon :-)