This is the second free project that I have stitched a little while back from the Brazilian Embroidery Guild. This one is called Rhapsody.
I have also used the metal finishing forms. As I was saying, they are so easy to use. What I did was to cover the metal frame with some Pellon Fleece (I love that stuff for finishing as it gives a nice padding, not too thick and not too thin - I find them ideal for ornaments and needlecases), stitched a gathering thread all around, tighlty drawn it up and made a couple of knots.
I did the same thing for front (embroidery) and back (fabric), then I glued it with a new product I used which works like a charm. It is called Fabri-Tac. Made the cording and attached it to the ornament and I was done :-)
I have recently purchased some metal finishing forms with the idea of trying it on this little project. When I purchased them I wasn't sure if I was going to like using those or not, but I must say that finishing a project with them was a breeze and will certainly use them again for future ornament finishing. The company that makes them is called Flying Needles and they have different shapes and sizes available.