I must say that I had way too much fun with this little project.
My idea was to make a little something for my very good friend Terry, something that would have some meaning to her. She absolutely loves horses and had many in her life, so I decided to embroider her this little horse scene.
I used some white silk dupioni, traced the design and started stitching, choosing colors as I went along. I also wanted to put some color, so I tried some watercolor paint using Neocolor II which are basically some water-soluble wax pastels. I had to order some little brushes and I found some miniature ones from Silver Brush. Never done much painting of any kind and certainly not on fabric, so I had no idea how things would turn out. After using the wax pastels, I added a little water with the tiny brushes and the whole scene turned into a watercolor one in front of my amazed eyes. That was a great learning experience and I will be using watercolor and specially made oil paint much more on my projects from now on. I just love to marry many different techniques on a project.
Now, I will turn this into a needlecase for her and hope that she likes it. Will post photos as soon as it is completed.