Monday, November 24, 2008

Wintertide, Poinsettia stitched


Working on 28-count linen has been a bit tough on my eyes, mostly in the evening and white on white did not help any, but managed to complete all the klosters and the poinsettia with leaves. Ouf! I am exhausted :-(
.
This project was asking for silk mori, but that did not agree with me at all, so ended up using DMC Perle #8 instead. I tried DMC Perle #5, but did not like it as I felt it was too heavy a thread for that particular use and just did not look good. The #8 was a little too thin to my liking, but decided to go with it as it was the best of the two options I had as I just did not have the time to start looking online for something better and then wait for the threads to arrive.
.
I still have a bit more decorations to add on all four sides of this ornament and then do a bit of cutting and weave some bars and it will be all done, so see you all soon :-)
.
Pierrette =^..^=

3 comments:

Terry said...

this really pretty and speeding along even with the problems you have had with the threads, am looking forward to seeing it finished

NCPat said...

I agree with Terry--very pretty, and soon to be finished, too!

Frontrange Stitcher said...

OH, this is really beautiful, looking forward to seeing the complete design.