Thursday, October 19, 2006

Crewel Embroidery


This was my first attempt at crewel embroidery.

This project was taken from a magazine called "Victoria", September 1993 issue and the designer's name is Joanna Reed.

There is a little anecdote that goes with this project. I had completed the stitching and was at my LNS (local needlepoint store) to have it framed and the owner was trying to find something suitable for it when all of a sudden, a client who was in the store decided that she was going to help me with this. She started going through the different mats and frames and came up with the frame and mat in the picture.

She seemed to me like a person who had excellent taste, certainly seemed to know what she was doing, wasn't shy of her opinion and all that was required of me was to nod my approval here and there. This has turned out to be the frame I love the most of all. I always think of that stranger in the store each time I stop and look at that framed project on my wall.

Pierrette =^..^=
http://community.webshots.com/user/sunshineplus

No comments: