Monday, July 20, 2009

Rapunzel: Some greeneries on top of tree


Continuing on Rapunzel, a Marion Scoular project, I have now stitched three different patterns (all selected by Marion herself) for the tree foliage, also using different shades of green.
.
Just like The Princess and the Pea, which is another Marion project, I am truly enjoying myself with this one.
.
Been watching Le Tour de France for a couple of weeks now and that has kept me busy than usual as I don't watch that much TV, usually only a couple of hours per day. Sunday we will be in Paris with the man who will have won the Tour. I bet it will be Alberto Contador from Astana. This man is just flying, a bit like Lance Armstrong when he was much younger. Talking about Armstrong, I think he is doing pretty good for a man his age having been out of it for over three years and recovering from a recent injury.
.
Still time to do a bit more stitching today, so better get on with it :-)
.
Pierrette =^..^=

8 comments:

Terry said...

This is coming along a treat and looking delightful, Marions designs are just so pretty and look forward to seeing the next stage of this one

NCPat said...

Very pretty....I too am enjoying watching this one!

madziula said...

It is very nice work.
This is kinde of stitch which I can`t do now, but I will learn :) I hope

Deepa said...

wow!! this is coming along beautifully.

Cyn said...

Hi Pierrette,

The tree is very pretty. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Hi Terry,

I love most of Marion Scoular's designs and hope to be able to do many more of them.

Pierrette =^..^=

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Pat, Deepa & Cynthia,

Blackwork when you have a great design really looks great, doesn't it?

Pierrette =^..^=

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Hi Madziula,

There are some great Blackwork books out there that could get you started properly.

Pierrette =^..^=