Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Winter Reflections, Loretta Spears' Mystery #2: Framed

It took a little bit longer to get my Winter Reflections back from the framer as this beautiful frame had to be ordered from Canada. I have just took a close-up photo of it for you all.
If you look at the frame and some of the stitches in this piece, you will see that it goes so well with them.


It is interesting how the colors of those threads reflect differently and give a different shade to them depending on their orientation. We tried to take other photos with much more lighting of the framed one and they turned out to have some brownish colors to them to our amazement, so we had to discard them all except the one just posted.
.
I am looking at it as I write this entry on my blog and this is just such a peaceful piece to look at, nothing to jump right up in your face, but a more quiet kind of beauty that calms you down after a long day.
.
I will also be thinking about Sharon's generosity in giving me Winter Reflections after she had already stitched approximately half of it, making it a joint collaboration/venture between the two of us. Looking at this piece, you really can't tell what she stitched and what I stitched, but I will remember her participation in it whenever my eyes happen to look at it.
.
Sharon, a big thank you for giving me the opportunity to stitch this lovely project and I will be sending you a photograph by email right after this :-)
.
Pierrette =^..^=

4 comments:

Terry said...

The choice of frame is just perfect and the project is just so peaceful looking, it has seemed a long wait for this one but with such a special frame it was well worth the wait

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful piece with a beautiful frame and a great story. Congratulations.

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Hi Terry,

I know, the frame was really worth waiting as it just seems a continuity to some of the stitches in the piece.

Pierrette =^..^=

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Hi Terri (with an "i") as I need to differentiate from my Terry who lives in England :-)

This was a wonderful experience and a heart warming one at that too :-)

Pierrette =^..^=