Friday, August 22, 2008

Angelina, An Ilse Altherr design

As I mentioned in my last post, after doing a lot of needlepoint projects, I needed to work on something else for a little while before returning to it. I did not know exactly what kind of technique it would be as I have so many to choose from.
.
I have been thinking of doing a bit of blackwork for a while now so I chose this lovely blackwork project. The lovely stitcher in the photo is called ANGELINA and she has been designed by Ilse Altherr. I am including the picture that came with the instructions as I have just put her on stretcher bars and have not yet started working on her, but that will change after I finish writing this post.
.
Blackwork is a technique that I really enjoy working on and both Marion Scoular and Ilse Altherr have such lovely designs. There are other blackwork designers out there, but I am most familiar with them.

(Photograph that came with the instructions)

I am itching to start so will go for now and come back when I have something to show for myself (grinning).
.
Pierrette =^..^=

6 comments:

Terry said...

That is really pretty, are you going to use the same colours or your own colour choice

Cyn said...

Hi Pierrette,

This is very pretty and delicate. Are you going to change the colors as Terry asked or keep them the same?

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Terry & Cynthia,

I will be keeping the same colors as I rather like them.

Pierrette =^..^=

Anonymous said...

This looks so pretty, I can't wait to see you stitch it up. Where did you get it?

Rissa said...

I both love and loathe blackwork! It is so beautiful, but it takes so much concentration. LOL

Lelia said...

That is a beautiful pattern. Enjoy!