Friday, July 04, 2008

Gold & White ornament



Today we are having a stitch-in in the Shining Needle Society Yahoo group and I decided to work on a little gold and white ornament that Gay Ann Rogers has created especially to celebrate her new website. It is stitched on perforated paper, something that I had never tried before and was curious to see how well it worked.
.
I must say that I had no difficulties at all working with the perforated paper and it seems to work well for small ornaments. This being said, I still prefer to work on canvas, but I can see that perforated paper could be useful at times like for greeting cards and things like that. I had no problem using metallic threads or silk pearl. The feeling was pretty much like when using regular canvas. Since it was small, I could hold in my hands, something I rarely do, which was nice.
.
I still have to do the finishing. Gay Ann has included the instructions so will have a read after taking a little break and will try to finish it today, if not today, tomorrow at the latest.
.
Pierrette =^..^=

1 comment:

Terry said...

that is really lovely and I would not in a million years think it was done on paper, have heard about work done on paper but this is the first time I have seen it close up