Saturday, July 05, 2008

Gold & White ornament all done



Yesterday I started working on a little ornament designed by Gay Ann Rogers to celebrate her new website. Here are the details of my blog entry of yesterday.
.
I had to undo the last gold metallic row that I had made all around the ornament as that row was to attach the front to the back. That is the kind of mistake I normally do when I get tired after stitching for a long period of time. Anyway, that was easy to fix and did so this morning and now it is all done and ready to hang somewhere. I will put it with my other Christmas ornaments as I think it will be cute in my Xmas tree.
.
The design is really cute and I could see myself making some out of canvas instead of perforated paper and using other colors.
.
Now I will go back to the project I had put aside in order to work on this for the stitch-in.
.
Pierrette =^..^=

4 comments:

Terry said...

This looks delightful and it seems a useful technique to do and I can see your making lots of pretty ornaments like this in different colours

NCPat said...

Wow, this is pretty, and I love your background color. Sets this off nicely.

Cyn said...

Hi Pierrette,

This turned out just lovely!

And don't you just love those projects that stitch up quickly? :-)

I've stitched quite a few of the Mill Hill kits which are on perforated paper. I enjoy these projects and have quite a few more to do in my stash!

Are you going to stitch this again using different fibers or color of perforated paper? Have you seen the new Jim Shore perforated paper? Just gorgeous!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Cynthia,

Yes, we all need those projects that do not take long to stitch from start to finish.

I do not usually stitch the same project twice, probably because I always want to try something new, but I agree with you, that project would look great in different colors and it could also be done using regular canvas and doing a bit of a different finish on it.

Pierrette =^..^=