Thursday, August 30, 2007

Hearts & Flowers: Dodecagon Ornament Series by Jim Wurth


I had the best of time stitching this ornament called Hearts & Flowers designed by Jim Wurth. It is the 5th one of his Dodecagon Ornament Series. I just could not put it down and finished it last evening, but by then it was too dark to be able to take a proper photo so had to wait until this morning.

I love his designs so much as they are complexed and stitches are multi-layered bulding up to very nice designs, which also makes them absolutely exquisite; Also the extensive use of metallic threads makes the ornaments sparkles as you work on them. They are quite addictive , so much so that I have immediately started working on another one called "The Baroness Edie, which has a dark green canvas and comes with mauve, yellow and green threads, very relaxing colors to work with.

I have received 7 ornament kits so far and have completed 5 of them, working on number 6 and will try to get to number 7 after so that I can finally catch up with this series and then all I will have to do is stitch each additional ones as they arrive.

Better go back to the Baroness now :-D

Pierrette =^..^=

3 comments:

Terry said...

A really delightful and pretty ornament, I just love the effect of the little flowers,

Beautifully stitched and I look forward to seeing the next one

Rissa said...

It is lovely Pirette!

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Terry & Rissa,

This one was quite different than the other ones and I think that I did it in record time as it was just so much fun.

Pierrette =^..^=