Wednesday, July 15, 2009

She Stoops to Conquer: Anne Stradal, designer



I have just completed another finishing with She Stoops to Conquer designed by Anne Stradal of ABS Designs. In the past I used to either finish any completed stitched project right away myself or send it to my framer for finishing depending on the kind of finishing I wanted, but lately I seemed to have been too busy stitching and neglected the finishing aspect of my projects. Yesterday I finished 4 of them and I have already posted two of them and kept this one for today and the fourth one for a bit later. I might say that I had a productive day :-)
.
If you want to have a look at the different ABS Designs' projects that I have stitched so far, just click here.
.
This is the second time that I have done such finishing, the first one being Tara. A different view of Tara here.
.
I decided not to add any cordings at all on this one as it seemed to me that less was more with this project. A cording around the stitched project would have been too much because of the double border and around the fabric it would have been more distracting than anything else.
.
All I have to do now is to find her a special place on one of my walls and enjoy :-)
.
Pierrette =^..^=

6 comments:

Anne Stradal said...

Nice job, as always, Pierrette! Enjoy!

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Thanks, Anne :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

Terry said...

I had forgotten all about this cute design of Anne's you certainly have stitched it beautifully, and yes I wonder where you will find to hang it

NCPat said...

All three of these are wonderful! Nice job!

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Hi Terry,

Oh, I had not :-(

It was on my finishing pile giving me a dirty look each time I walked by.

Pierrette =^..^=

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Thanks, Pat :-)

Now you need to check the fourth one (big grin).

Pierrette =^..^=