A few weeks ago I have started working on a checkbook cover. You can see the outline here on this post.
This checkbook designed by Marjorie B. Berleur contains both Blackwork and Needlepoint elements. Since I have been doing a lot of needlepoint projects recently, I have decided to start with the Blackwork patterns and here are the first two.
This photo shows gives you a general idea of what has been stitched so far.
Some of you may laugh at this, but before I started looking for some Aida fabric for this project, I had no idea that Aida came in different count sizes. After my initial surprise at this, I started wondering why I had come to that conclusion as it does make sense that it does just like any other fabric.
I so do enjoy stitching Blackwork so am enjoying myself with this one and just at the thought that I will end up with a beautiful checkbook cover instead of those plastic ones that the banks provide us with is a sure incentive for me to want to finish this project as soon as possible.