Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"SUPERSTITION": Mystery 13 by Loretta Spears


My second post of the day, stretching myself again (silly grin).
.
I just love Loretta Spears' designs and at the end of April 2004 I had the opportunity of purchasing Mystery #13 called "SUPERSTITION" with the whole kit from a fellow stitcher and it has been sitting in my stash ever since.
.
I have decided that TODAY is the day to start working on it. Don't you love that name "Superstition"? Colors used in that piece are beautiful too.
.
In a couple of minutes I will be putting the canvas on stretcher bars and will take a few moments to read the instructions.
.
This is not an especially big project as the white congress cloth used for this is only 8" x 8", so a nice size for someone who has been working on Hollyhock House. My back will thank me for this one (grinning).
.
Will post again when I have actually started stitching on it.
.
See you all soon!
.
Pierrette =^..^=

7 comments:

Terry said...

I know the feeling the way large projects can make a back ache really bad and when that happens it seems to bring you down all round as you just cannot get comfortable. This is a nice small design that should stitch up quickly.

tintocktap said...

Ooh - looking forward to seeing more of this! I love what I've seen of Loretta Spears!

NCPat said...

I have this one sitting in my stash! I look forward to seeing what it is going to look like!!

Love to Stitch 99 said...

I agree, Terry. I love stitching Hollyhock House but my back is not at all happy at times, so need to move between projects. This way I will be able to bring it to completion.

Pierrette =^..^=

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Yes, that is the problem with Mystery projects. You just don't know exactly what they look like until you actually do them.

As a rule I am not that crazy about doing what I call "blind" projects. I do make exceptions once in a while though when I am motivated enough to do so (grinning).

Pierrette =^..^=

Courtney said...

oh god those flosses look gorgeous!! I just saw your first progress pic and I am so jealous!! I can't wait to see how the rest of it goes! Hurry up! :o)

I've never done counted needlepoint before, is it easy?

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Hi Courtney,

That opalescent thread added to the other silk thread makes it all sparkling.

Needlepoint is a skill that you need to learn like any other skills. Practice makes perfect.

If you are good at counting, that is a plus as some pieces have a lot of counting to do.

It is best to start with some easy pieces and then you do more and more difficult ones.

Perhaps you can find a starting class at your local needlepoint shop.

There are also some cyberclasses that could help you along.

There is a series of videos that I particularly like. It is called "How'd you do that?" with Amy Bunger and her first one in that series is for the beginner needlepoint stitcher. It is called "Tips Hints + Knots".

Books are also great helpers and there are lots of good ones out there.

If you need more information, please contact me at LovetoStitch99@comcast.net and I will try to help you more.

Pierrette =^..^=