Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bargello credit card case: Third color added

Yesterday, I did more work on my little bargello credit card case by adding a third color, the lightest one.
After fighting with my camera to take a decent photo (below), I had the idea of taking a real close-up one showing only a section of the stitched case and this is the best one so far. This photo (above) really shows the true colors used in this project, which are different shades of Shell Pink.

The photo above shows you the complete surface of the case. All that remains for me to stitch now are the eyelets inside the diamonds, using a rayon thread this time around compared to Perle #8 used for the rest of the project. I was thinking that a metalic thread would also look great there, something for me to consider when I make my second one.
I have decided to stitch the eyelets today and complete this project as the finishing should be quick enough and I think that I have more or less decided that I am going to put my driver's licence in this one with a couple of others things, perhaps my car insurance one. We are so often asked for it as ID in stores, so instead of carrying it with my credit cards, it will be in its own little case and easy to just hand over. This may also turn out into a conversation piece (grinning).
Pierrette =^..^=


meroSmero said...

Very beautiful!
I love embroidery, too.
Look my blog

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Thanks for stopping by :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

Terry said...

This is looking great and seems to be stitching up really quickly, hope it continues to go well

Love to Stitch 99 said...


There is actually quite a bit of work in it. I have just been stitching for longer periods of time each day :-)

Feeling a bit tired today so not sure how much stitching will be doing.

Pierrette =^..^=

Napa Needlepoint said...

I have this in my stash to do. Yours is so charming, I think I'm going to start mine shortly.

Keep Stitching,