Monday, December 22, 2008

Fabulous Finale: Dodecagon Ornament Series


Lately, I am always surprised when I go to my blog to post a new entry and see how long ago was the last one. I have been feeling relatively tired lately and just did not feel much like stitching at all and have been spending a relatively good amount of time reading. The book I am reading now is called "The Enchanted April" written by Elizabeth Von Arnim. I have seen the movie twice and I must say it is so much fun to be actually reading the book as it gives me a much better understanding of the plot and I can picture the different charactors acting the parts. I am having a ball :-)
.
To get back to Jim Wurth's Dodecagon Ornament Series I had every intention to have all the ornaments all stitched way before Christmas and brought to the framer with the hope that I would get it back for Christmas. Well that won't happen and will now wait until the beginning of next year to bring her all this work. Fit all 12 of them into one or two frames, not decided yet. Will see how she see things first.
.
By the way for those of you who are reading this and thinking I would love to stitch that series, you will get another crack at it starting this coming January. These ornaments are not sold individually but as a series and you can find all the necessary information as to whom to contact by checking the files of the group indicated in my previous paragraph.
.
I have many Christmas projects which were stitched but unfortunately not finished and a few more that I have started stitching but not finished. I am not going to stress myself over them as they obviously won't be ready for this Christmas.
.
Pierrette =^..^=

6 comments:

Terry said...

WOW well done this is really beautiful, I just love it and the colours really compliment each other.

This series has been a true labour of love and I cannot wait to see how they are framed as I just know that your choice will be wonderful

Elizabeth Braun said...

Sounds like you and I have had the same thing of late - often tired and not posting that much, but doing some reading. I'm reading Anthony Trollopes Barsetshire series at the mo and am on #3 of 6. Really enjoying them too!=)

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Terry,

You are so right, this has been a great series to work on and I have had the best of time stitching them.

Pierrette =^..^=

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Hi Elisabeth,

Yes, I have been noticing that you were not posting as much lately.

Moreover you do have your hands full with all those projects of yours, music, classes, stitching, etc.

I just love reading myself and very often I have difficulties finding time for it, so that was an ideal time for me to indulge in some great books.

Here hoping that we both feel more energetic and do lots and lots of stitching :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

Anonymous said...

I will pass on your article introduced to my other friends, because really good!

Restitches said...

I have been going through your blog today (I should be out enjoying the warm weather) and am in awe. I really liked the dodecagon ornaments, although there are many things here that facinating. Thanks for sharing your work, well done!
Jonni