Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mystery in a Corner: Framed


I have received back from the framer a couple days ago my Mystery in a Corner, a Gay Ann Rogers' design and I could not take any photos because it was too dark and now today it was too sunny and ended up taking the photo inside anyway. I can't seem to be able to win no matter what I do when taking photos. If there are some kind of Awards out there for the person who has the most problems taking good photo of her projects, I should receive it.
.
When taking the first photo (below) I felt that if someone had not seen the project before, they would have no idea what I had stitched, so took another one, a close-up this time around (above).
.
When I picked my colors, I chose colors which normally would not have been my first choice. I like fall colors the best, though I have done plenty of projects along the years with other colors. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if I had chosen the colors I like best. Would it have been better or worst? I guess I will never know as I never stitch the same project twice as there are just too many projects I want to do and not enough time to do them all.



I have enjoyed this project tremendously and have learned a lot in the process. There is an end-of-term examination ornament which I will do a little bit later, a good way of testing myself and see if I have learned anything out of this whole experience (grinning).
.
These last couple days I have been working hard at finishing my stitch notebook called "The Sky is the Limit" by Beth Robertson & Suzanne Howren, which are also the authors of a series of books called Stitches for Effects and so on.
.
I will be continuing my stitching on Anne Stradal's Santa tomorrow as in the meantime I have received the threads I had been waiting for. I imagine that it will take me a couple days to finish that project, if all goes according to plans :-)
.
Pierrette =^..^=

8 comments:

Terry said...

this is really pretty and they have matched the colours really well

NCPat said...

Very nice! Enjoy!

Rissa said...

It turned out just lovely!

Cyn said...

Hi Pierrette,

This turned out beautifully and I enjoyed watching your stitching adventure. The framing is excellent as the blue mat is bringing out the blue in the stitching which is want you blogged that you wanted to enhance.

Great stitching and designing!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Your framing and choice of mat is gorgeous! (as is the needlework) Good color and good proportion. However, I will argue about first place in "bad photos" as that is my honor. I can't seem to do it right under any conditions.

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Thanks to all of you for your wonderful comments. They make a girl feel good :-)

Pierrette =^..^=

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Judy,

We may end up each getting a bad photo award (grinning)

Pierrette =^..^=

Lelia said...

Such a beautiful GAR piece! Job well done