Tuesday, June 03, 2008



I stitched two additional rows last evening, took a photo and then got distracted and never added to my blog.

-

So far on this project, I have used Fyre Werks on the first row (gold), Crystal Rays (the larger one with reddish colors), Fyre Werks in black for the second and fourth rows and Neon Rays for the last and fifth row (wine color).

-

This morning have added a sixth row using some DMC Perle #5 in red (not in the photo).

-

Should be able to finish it today, except for the cabochons with rimsets which I don't have and will see if I can find some gold bugle beads all the same size. I think I may have some but have not yet looked for them.

-

I have been looking at the finishing on the photo and been wondering how exactly it was done. There seems to be some gold thread laced somehow. It looks very good, just not sure how it has been done as I can't see enough of it :-(

-

Pierrette =^..^=

3 comments:

Terry said...

speeding along nicely and it looks to me as if the edge might be little tiny seed beads with a small loop of gold thread in between a bit like a blanket stitch edge with a beed where the needle comes up each time

NCPat said...

This is going to be a quick stitch for you! I agree with Terry. It looks like a buttonhole stitch/blanket stitch, that attaches front and back.

Love to Stitch 99 said...

After reading both your comments, I could now see that it looks like some buttonhole/blanket stitch. It is a lovely way to finish this particular ornament.

Thanks to both of you for opening my eyes :-)

Pierrette =^..^=