Friday, April 04, 2008

Gracie: Fins and body


Have managed to take a photo of the last three sections that I had to stitch for Gracie before assembling her. I had been wondering how it would come out (photo that is) because today it is very dark as we are having again thunderstorms. I am not complaining, mind you, as we had a pretty awful drought last year so all the rain that we are getting is good :-)
-
On this photo you are seeing the two fins, one big and one tiny one and the body of Gracie that needed to be stitched separately because I will be adding two layers of padding under before attaching her to the main fabric.
-
I need to get my felt and cut two little pieces, one larger than the other, the larger one being on top of the smaller one, then I will make a long bullion to create her mouth and a few beads for her eyes as I want her to be able to see where she is going and perhaps also see her own reflection as she is quite pretty and gracious, which perhaps is where her name is coming from (big smile).
-
After that part is complete, I will be attaching the two fins to her body, then will be adding the two leaves, one on each side of her and will finish it up with some bubbles, which will be graciously coming out of her lovely mouth :-)
-
So, a lot of finishing work to be done today before I can let her loose in the water.
-
Pierrette =^..^=

2 comments:

Terry said...

Its great that you have now got to the easy bit and now it only takes a short while to finish her off, I bet you will be as delighted as me when the final stitch goes in.

Well done for getting this far as this fish has been rather tricky to catch at times

Love to Stitch 99 said...

I know, Terry, I have just tacked the fish with pins, pulling it to cover the space provided for the body and will now tack it with thread and then make the last row of stitches around it.

I feel like a camel that can smell water. I am almost there :-)

I really love doing stumpwork and will do more.

Pierrette =^..^=