Monday, February 11, 2008

Oak leaves and acorns: Goldwork



I did not especially feel like stitching today so that was a good day to do some finishing. A little while back I had ordered a box from Sudberry which I received a couple days after I placed my order. I was surprised by how quickly they shipped it. I had ordered something a long time ago and could not remember how good they were at customer service, so that was a nice surprise.

-

I asked my husband if he could take two photos, one over the box and another one to show what the box looks like.





This is the second photo he took for me to show the lines of the box. Just one thing though, he took the photo from the back and not from the front. Not sure how he did it, but I did not have the heart to tell him about it and have him retake it again, so now you can all see the project from the front and from the back (big grin).


-

Here is the link for the box.

-

Now, what will I put in it .............. hum, I must have some treasures somewhere. I just love boxes and have not many, so this is a real treat for me. It is also less expensive than having the piece framed. Anyway, it is nice to have a bit of both.


-


Pierrette =^..^=

6 comments:

Elizabeth Braun said...

That looks lovely! What a super box! I think I'd be tempted to put some very special threads in it!!=)

Terry said...

A lovely idea for a finish to such a beautiful piece of goldwork.

Just wish we could find these type of boxes in the UK as they are ideal for a different way to finish a smaller project.

Not sure what sort of treasures I would keep in it but I am sure that you will think of something original and am looking forward to hearing what it will be

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Elisabeth & Terry,

I really love the Sudberry products. I also have a cabaret of theirs, in which a fun needlepoint project was inserted in.

I absolutely adore that cabaret and it looks as good today as it did on the day I got it.

Pierrette =^..^=

Elizabeth Braun said...

I've awarded you the 'You Make My Day' award! See my blog, (and loads of others!!!) for details and the logo!=)

Meg said...

I love goldwork, and that's just so pretty! Lovely job, and I know what you mean on husbands and photographs. We've come up with a system where I have all the pieces in a pile and pointing "up" when I give them to him.

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Meg,

I am normally there when he takes photos but this time around I had to be somewhere else and I just explained to him that I wanted a photo showing the top of the box and one showing the side. Well he took both like I asked. My fault for not explaining that I wanted it from the front side (big grin).

Pierrette =^..^=