Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Halloween ID Card for my friend Terry




Click on photo to have a better look.
-
With Halloween around the corner, I wanted to make something special for my friend Terry and what could be more personal than her own Halloween ID Card.
-

This has been an ongoing joke between the two of us, with her jumping on her broomstick to come visit in order to save on petrol (she lives in the UK) and I live in the USA.
-

I was concerned that with all the Halloween sky traffic, some overzealous policeman might stop her and ask her for some identification. She can't very well show him her driver's permit since she would be flying, so now she is ready for all eventualities :-)
-

The photo was scanned as the digital camera was not giving good pictures, but I am afraid that her hair was a bit squeezed in the process. Oh well, we can't win them all :-(
-

It was actually a long process to make that little ID card as first I had to decide on some drawings for the witch, then I had to find photos for the ID itself, put the two together, then added a bit of color with Prismacolor crayons, then scanned it and printed it on fabric. After that started stitching, then added a bit more color this time with some watercolor crayons and a little bit of water, then found some purple fabric for the back, put a little padding in between and stitched the back with the front.
-

Of course, I had to write Terry's name with profession and I just had to stitch a little spider. No Halloween respectable photo would find itself without either spiderwebs or spiders, so added that last detail. She is not a real witch as she has that plastic nose that is being held with an elastic. Gave her some reddish hair as those are Terry's natural hair color. I did not want to make her clothing too chic as she is a witch after all and they are not supposed to be well dressed.
-

Well I had my fun now and hope that Terry has fun with it too. Now I will be moving to something more serious and start working on a beginner's metal thread project. That will be something new to learn for me and looking forward to it. Next one after that will probably be a beginner's stumpwork project.
-

I will also probably work on some special gifts in between so I will have my hands full like always.
-

Pierrette =^..^=

3 comments:

Terry said...

Cannot wait to see some faces especially when I go to for my hospital treatments when I show them that I have my own special ID card and that with that I should not have to keep giving them my hospital number and full details

Just wish my hair was still that colour and so pleased to see such a tiny spider as I hate the big hairy ones

Love to Stitch 99 said...

I thought that you might have a bit of fun with this card ID

Pierrette =^..^=

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Terry,

So happy that you are enjoying your little ID card and having so much fun showing your new ID to people.

I also love the comments from people about it. I think that the best one you told me when I asked you if people saw some kind of resemblance between you and the photo and you said that someone told you that I must have used a very bad photo of you.

That comment was one in a million for me. Still smiling whenever I think about it.

Pierrette =^..^=