Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Kaleidoscope: First photo - Sections A & B


Kaleidoscope is an adaptation of a Sue Lentz design, then adapted by Anthony Minieri for Needle Necessities. This design is, in essence, a four-way geometric that becomes and eight-way geometric.
In this design, I will be using Congress Cloth and Needle Necessities Floss Overdyed threads. There are two options in stitching this pattern. I can either control the variegation of the overdyed floss or stitch randomly. I have decided on the second option as to me it will make the piece more interesting.
This is a photo of the very center of the piece (sections A and B).
This is a complex design so I will be stitching on it when I am not tired :-)
Pierrette =^..^=

1 comment:

Terry said...

Its great to see Kaleidoscope again after such a long time, I have got my congress cloth on the stretcher bars and my threads all in their little baggies on rings so I must really get going on mine as I have had the pattern and threads for such a long time.

All I have to do now is to find my laying tool or if its gone walkies will have to make myself one and then let the waggons roll and off we can go together on another fun voyage of discovery, so just think 'Pink' and not 'Blue'
ROFL